Choosing your business name is one of the most important steps in launching your virtual paralegal business. Your business name will have an impact on how your clients’ view you and it reflects your brand identity.
Here is a checklist that experts believe should be considered when creating your business name.
1) Keep it short and simple.
2) Avoid unusual spellings and make it easy to pronounce.
3) Check with your state to make sure that your business name is available for use; also, check to make sure that the domain and social media custom URL is available.
4) Try to choose a name that will allow you to expand into other practice areas if that is your vision for the future of your business.
5) If you plan to stick with a niche include your specialty in your name.
6) Think about branding when you are choosing your name; you want to make sure your name can fit on your business card and think about how it will look as part of your logo.
7) After you have decided on your name, go ahead and register it with the state in which you plan to operate your business; as well as to purchase your domain name.
- 8) As you establish your business, you should seriously consider trademark for your business name.
Business Name Protection
1) Entity name protects you at state level
2) Trademark protects you at a federal level
3) Doing Business As (DBA) doesn’t give legal protection, but might be legally required
4) Domain name protects your business website address