Establishing your own business can be one of the most exciting parts of your career. Starting your business offers many opportunities and allows an entrepreneur to choose his or her own hours and spend more quality time with family.
It also takes a lot of time, energy and courage to launch a business. If you skip steps, you could set yourself up for failure. Below you will find a simple, basic checklist to get your business up and running, but the checklist will vary depending on your individual needs, your practice areas, and various other factors.
- Research your practice areas to make sure there is a demand in the market for your service
- Make a list of the services you plan to offer
- Narrow your list to the services that you can deliver remotely
- Create mock assignments for each service to determine how long it will take for you to complete each assignment.
- Research your practice areas software and equipment
- Choose your business name
- Determine your business structure
- Purchase your business domain and email
- Create your website or blog
- Create your social media pages: Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter, etc.
- Open your business and PayPal bank accounts
- Set your virtual paralegal fees
- Draft your legal contracts and agreements
- Create a marketing budget
- Create your marketing plan