Time management refers to a range of skills, tools, and techniques used to manage time when accomplishing specific tasks, projects and goals.
Your role as a manager in your virtual paralegal business is to always know about the market that you serve, provide client services; and generating profit.
- First you will need to start by prioritizing your time.
- Write everything down, there are several apps available for note taking.
- Prioritize your “to do” list using a calendar.
- Update your “to do” list daily.
- Set your deadlines days apart.
- Know your limit. Ask for help and know when to say no.
- Eliminate bad habits that are taking up your time.
As your virtual paralegal business grows you must juggle several projects at one time.
You will find yourself with several deadlines on the same day and not enough time to meet them. Consider the following tips to help you manage your time efficiently.
- Always review your calendar for current project deadlines before accepting new projects.
- Schedule your project deadlines at least a couple of days apart when possible.
- Your client will always prefer if you reject a project instead of accepting it and missing the deadline.
- If you think you may not meet your deadline, always notify your client within a reasonably time to have them approve an extension or make other arrangements.
- Do not take on more projects than you can handle. If you are offered more projects than you can handle, consider hiring help or a partnership. You may also refer the client to another virtual paralegal.