Based on a survey result from Robert Half legal salary guide; the following is a snapshot of future forecast for paralegals.
- The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistic projects job opportunities for paralegals and legal assistants to grow 15 percent during the next decade.
- Employers are looking for paralegals with specialized skills in areas such as: eDiscovery, document management, litigation, securities and commercial law.
- Many legal organizations are taking advantage of flex-staffing models such as: virtual/freelance paralegals and creating a mix of full-time and interim employees.
- § Legal employers are staffing to meet cyclical, project and seasonal demands.
- § Augmenting in-house teams with part-time and/or project professionals.